Facebook Instagram RSS Feed Email

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Arizona State Council Pro-Life Couple

Louis and Sylvia White 

In Catholic elementary school we were taught not only to avoid sin, but to avoid the near occasion of sin.  In Catholic high school we were taught that sin is anything that separates us from God and from relationship with others.

Reducing the opportunity for abortions through recent reduction in Planned Parenthood facilities that provide abortions is a definite plus to our community, to women and to babies here in Arizona. It reduces the near occasion of sin. It reduces a very real action that separates people from God and each other.

If abortion is less available, then the material, financial, emotional, spiritual and relational support we give pregnant women should be even more available. Our actions can encourage life and promote better relationship with God and others.

  • We can pray for an end to abortion.
  • We can hope women make life-giving decisions for their babies and themselves.
  • We can express our views and our beliefs.
  • Let’s get out there and give our support to those in need. Actions speak louder than words.

Louis A. & Sylvia L. White

Planned Parenthood Locations in Arizona

Arizona Right to Life

Center for Arizona Policy

Arizona Catholic Conference

1st Way of Maricopa County

Priests for Life

40 Days for Life

Prayer to End Abortion

Lord God, I thank you today for the gift of my life, 
And for the lives of all my brothers and sisters.

I know there is nothing that destroys more life than abortion, 
Yet I rejoice that you have conquered death 
by the Resurrection of Your Son.

I am ready to do my part in ending abortion. 
Today I commit myself 
Never to be silent, 
Never to be passive, 
Never to be forgetful of the unborn.

I commit myself to be active in the pro-life movement, 
And never to stop defending life 
Until all my brothers and sisters are protected, 
And our nation once again becomes 
A nation with liberty and justice 
Not just for some, but for all.

Through Christ our Lord. Amen!

[Courtesy of Priests for Life]

 

1 comments:

  1. Council 3121 Chandler meets tonite. Has anyone ordered free "Defend Life" signs from supreme for the Jan 22 Rally? Postage has to be paid and I don't want to duplicate any. Center for Az Policy lady says go ahead and they can be used later!? No answer from Diocese or AzRTL . Marie Fordtner 480-963-5561

    ReplyDelete