Facebook Instagram RSS Feed Email

Monday, August 04, 2014

2014 Soccer Challenge

Brother Knight’s,
Hard to believe we are ready to start our New Year and programs for 2014.  I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself.  My name is Howard Birnbaum and I am the new Soccer Challenge Chairman for Arizona.  I’d like to begin by thanking past Chairman Shane Everitt for his leadership over the past three years.  I will do my best to follow in his footsteps and grow the number of youth who participate in this program.
The Soccer Challenge is a Supreme sponsored activity and has grown each and every year thanks to your active and early involvement in getting the word out.  Now is the time to get started and plan this year’s challenge at the Council, District and State level.  Below are some key dates and general information for you to review at your upcoming Officer’s and Council Meeting’s.
·         Council Level Challenges to be completed by the end of September
·         District Level Challenges to be completed by the end of October
·         State Soccer Challenge will be held in November 2014 (site and date TBD)
Please select your Soccer Chair now, order the Soccer Challenge kit from Supreme and start planning today!  Working with other Council’s in your District may also be helpful.  Some areas do not have access to Soccer Goals and pooling resources to complete this great program would be beneficial.  If you need any assistance getting the word out or working with another Council let me know and I’ll be happy to help.
District level Challenges are not required to compete in State.  If you don’t have enough competitors within your District, winners from each age group and gender group will be advanced to State from each Council.
I am looking for a location to host this year’s State Soccer Challenge in November.  If your Council/District is interested please contact me directly and/or our State Program Director Kevin McCarthy ASAP so we can communicate the location and dates to the State.
My contact information is:
email: buckbirn@aol.com  cell: 602-809-5442
This is also a great way to build our membership by showcasing this great program to your Parish and Community.
Let’s make this the best and most attended year yet!  Please contact me with any questions, and or if you wish to host this year’s State Challenge.
Vivat Jesus,

Howard Birnbaum
GK, Council 7465

St. Jerome Parish

0 comments:

Post a Comment